August 8, 2016
According to a survey done by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening treatments are the number one requested cosmetic dental procedures. The national survey also found:
- Virtually all adults (99.7%) believe a smile is an important social asset.
- 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
- 74% of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success.
- And when respondents were asked, “What would you most like to improve about your smile?” The most common response was: Whiter & Brighter Teeth. If you are not happy with your smile, teeth whitening may provide the solution. It can drastically change your appearance and boost your self-esteem at the same time. It’s also an easy process and relatively inexpensive.
Teeth whitening procedures can help:
- Lighten coffee-stained teeth.
- Remove cigarette and tobacco discolorations.
- Correct yellowing in teeth due to aging.
At the Cecchini Advanced Center for Dentistry, we offer At-Home Dentist Supervised Teeth Whitening:
- The patient wears a custom-fitted mouth tray containing a teeth whitening gel for a few hours each day or night.
- The trays can be adjusted to lighten individual teeth.
- The average patient will wear mouth trays for one to two weeks. More severe stains can often be improved with extended use of a home teeth whitening system.
Although numerous over-the-counter teeth whitening products are now available, the dentist-supervised teeth whitening remains the safest and most effective method for brightening your smile.