Endodontics is a dental term referring to the treatment of the dental pulp. If the pulp becomes diseased or injured endodontic treatment is required to save the tooth. This is commonly referred to as a Root Canal.
Some symptoms that suggest root canal therapy might be required are:
- A tooth is currently causing pain, or has a history of being painful
- A presence of gum tenderness and/or swelling in an area adjacent to a tooth
- A persistent or recurring pimple on your gums
- Exposure of a tooth’s nerve by decay or trauma
- Teeth which have been traumatized in an accident
It will take an examination by the dentist, and an x-ray of the tooth, to determine if root canal treatment is indicated for a tooth.
Book an Appointment
To make an appointment call us at 724-437-5010